Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Best 15 Albums Ever

I like that iTunes has an automatic album rating feature now. Of my 9300 tracks, I have rated over 7000 of them while riding buses in Asia and driving through the Outback. This has given me some fairly accurate data about my music tastes. The result surprised me and so I thought I would share it. I only considered LP albums and excluded compilations and greatest hits album. For example, I excluded Bob Marley's 'Legend' and James Brown's 'Mother Lode' since in a loose definition they're both greatest hits album.
My Top 15 Favorite Albums
  1. Hasta La Vista Baby! by U2
  2. We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions (American Land Edition) by Bruce Springsteen
  3. The Revolution Starts...Now by Steve Earle
  4. Blood Sugar Sex Magik by The Red Hot Chili Peppers
  5. Listener Supported by The Dave Matthews Band
  6. Under the Table & Dreaming by The Dave Matthews Band
  7. Shake Your Money Maker by the Black Crowes
  8. Stop Making Sense by The Talking Heads
  9. Are You Experienced by Jimi Hendrix
  10. True Love by Toots & The Maytals
  11. MTV Unplugged by 10,000 Maniacs
  12. When I Woke by Rusted Root
  13. The Baby Huey Story: The Living Legend
  14. Vintage Blood: Live! 1973 by Cold Blood
  15. Some Great Reward by Depeche Mode

No comments: